Sunday, April 7, 2019

Portfolio Project 11

During the editing, I ran into a couple problems. While yes, we did have enough footage to meet the 2-minute mark, there was the issue of continuity errors and having possible confusion with the plot. For some shots, the camera angles will have the actors in different positions from before, but I tried to edit that out to the best of my ability. Having a better-detailed storyboard really helped me combat this as it gave a guideline. For plot, I struggled from the beginning of having the thought that the plot might be too complicated to be explained in only two minutes. The edited product really seemed to explain it well. I just wish I could have added more to the story, as we had 4 extra minutes of footage we wanted to add.

I really want this project to go well, as the class and everything it teaches mean a lot to me. I enjoyed my experience with every part of it as it helped me grow my skills in media and introduced me to foreign tasks that I would have been unable to solve beforehand.

I don't know if you read any of the student's blogs, but if you read mine,

Mrs. Stoklosa, thank you for teaching me about media, the specific work you have assigned us and for being a great resource for education. There was so much I didn't realize about media beforehand, and I feel as if I'm a new person after learning all that I did from your class (for the better that is, even though I hate most movies now). The work you assigned actually worked to better our understanding of the subject, unlike my other classes who only handed me worksheets to fill out. I know it might not mean much to you, But I really appreciate you giving us material to better ourselves not for the sake of a grade, but for education itself.  This class had definitely been one of my favorites, and I know I won't forget it even when I'm an adult. 


No comments:

Post a Comment