Friday, March 15, 2019

Portfolio Project 8

Today was a huge help! Iv'e constantly been circling back to the same problem since I started this project, which was "What dialogue will I make for my script?" I do enjoy literature/creative writing and can appreciate the works made from them, but I've never been good at it myself. So when discussing our projects in groups today I brought up this dilemma and received awesome feedback.

They offered that I have the dialogue make the character have plans surrounding how to "fake" his way through his job by distracting others and blind luck. What I mean by this is maybe before - let's say the Boss of the company - see's one of the main character's plans to fake his job, the character distracts him at the last minute with a comedic effect. Or maybe a scenario happens where the main character refuses to go to a meeting because of work and is commended on his "good work ethic".

I was also recommended to watch the movie "Dinner For Schmucks". The one who offered it, Jordan (thanks by the way) stated how the movie is similar to the idea I have and that I might be able to get some inspiration from that. I'll try to make time today to watch it as to better help improve the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment