Saturday, March 16, 2019

Portfolio Project 9

Today I got to meet up with my two friends Franco and Phillip who I plan to be my "potential actors". I have been contemplating either choosing friends to help me out for my project or using people who are more experienced with acting, such as AMT members. While at first glance, the kids who do acting as a hobby seems like the reasonable choice, getting a scheduled date from a teenager and having them show up on time is near impossible. The reason I know I can trust my friends is because I'm what you could call their "designated uber driver". They have also brought up in the past how they would love to be an actor for skits so I know it won't be a chore.

We got to go over things like props and costumes and they were kind enough to donate their own belongings to help out with the film. Franco seems really excited for this as he might be the role of the CEO, who has to act dumb and charismatic to the main character, which seems a perfect role to him since he loves the idea of acting for a comedy. Next time we meet up I hope to discuss possible dialogue for the film and want them to really try to think of their own speech. I know that comes off as me seeming lazy, but I have a reason. If I am able to have them think of their own things to say (I will check over it to make sure it best suits the story) the speech will seem more natural and less forced. Students are notorious for making horrible acting in movies, so I hope to avoid that as much as possible.

I'm very confident in the performance that they will do and can see future filming to be a lot of fun for the three of us. I just hope we are able to manage our time properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment